Skip to main content
Main content start
Other Legacy Equipment
The OMR scanner system (Opscan3) is for marking multiple-choice examinations or processing a user survey. Answers to a multiple-choice examination or a survey would be marked on pre-printed answer sheets which are fed into the optical scanner for processing. The OMR system reads the answers and records the data into a file in the PC attached to the scanner. This data file can be further processed or analysed with the use of software programs to produce statistical reports.
Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) Scanner System
Booking of OMR Scanner System
- Staff and students can make an appointment online via http://booking.its.hku.hk/lebook/ for using OMR scanner system (“special facilities”).
- Advanced booking is required for using the special facilities. Three 2-hour sessions are available for booking from Monday to Friday (except holidays). Details are as follows:
Monday to Friday (except holidays):
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
12:00 noon - 2.00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Reservation can be made for at most two 2-hour sessions per day, and up to a maximum of four 2-hour sessions per week by each staff/student.
- Before the booked session, users are required to check-in the booked facilities by presenting their HKU staff/student cards to the LES office (CPD-1.64) on the 1/F of Chi Wah Learning Commons for using the booked OMR scanner system.
- No charge will be imposed on using the special facilities related to the UGC-funded activities. For non-UGC-funded activities, charges will be levied and users are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the charged details and arrangement before making online reservation.
- User guide of the OMR Scanner System can be found here.